BYU-Idaho Help Guides

Changing Your Marital Status

Updated on

How to change your Marital Status in the new Student Profile Tab

Congratulations on this next big step in life!

Note: We no longer need to contact Student Records and Registration to make these changes.

Step 1: Sign in to your myBYUI account and then click on "Info" under Tools and select " My Demographic Profile".

Step 2: Click "Change" to the right of "Marital Status"

Step 3: You will be asked if your spouse also attends or has attended BYU-I or Ricks college, as you can update your spouse's information too if they also attended BYU-I.

Step 4: If the student selects to also change the information for their spouse they will see this pop-up. They will need to select "OK" to continue.

Step 5: Student will need to fill out all the information and select "Create & Print Form". They will then hit "Next" to continue.

Step 6: Student will then be required to upload their Change in Marital Status Form and Marriage License or Temple Certification. They will be shown a sample and will need to hit "Next" in order to submit their own documents.

Step 7: Lastly, the student will confirm that all the information is correct before selecting "Finish."

Step 8: If the student chooses to only up date their information they will first select their desired Martial Status Change

Step 9: Next, they will need to Upload their required documents. This could be a marriage license or divorce decree.

Step 10: Lastly, they will need to confirm their information is correct. They will need to select "Finish" to submit their request.

Now you were able to change your marital status!!!

Previous Article Changing Date of Birth
Next Article Changing Your Name
Still Need Help? Contact Us