BYU-Idaho Help Guides

Adding / Changing a Minor or Cluster


Changing your Minor or Adding a Cluster is simple!

Open your internet browser and search (We recommend using Chrome or Mozilla Firefox)

In the search bar type "Majors, Minors and Clusters"

The article titled "Majors, Minors and Clusters" is the one that will be selected

From here you can select either of the "Visit the Catalog" to see what Minors or Clusters are available

Select the "Degrees & Certificates" tab and from there you can find any cluster, minor and major available at BYU-I.

Selecting a department will lead to further information on what is available including course requirements

Once you know what Cluster or Minor you want we will go back to the and log into your account

Select "Grad Planner" option in your toolbar

In the new page, select "BYUI | Login" to access your Grad Plan.

As you enter you Grad Planner, you will see your current Declared Plan. Below, select "Create Alternate Plan"

Click on either "Add Minor or Cluster"

In the search bar you will select the minor or cluster you would like to take (you will be made aware if you can add it or not in red text)

Select the given Minor or Cluster

Select the Catalog Year that you would like to take it in

Then select "Start Planning"

Tittle your plan accordingly and select "Ok"

From here you will have to register for the classes that are suggested in your new plan

Then scroll to the bottom and select "Validate" and "Make this my Declared plan"

Congratulations on changing your minor or cluster!


Add your comment

E-Mail me when someone replies to this comment

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Previous Article Re-applying to BYUI
Next Article Enrollment Verification
Still Need Help? Contact Us